24 professional half-day business workshops
12-month mentorship programme
Access to networks and community of social entrepreneurs
1-2-1 expert coaching sessions in legal, financial, procurement and social investment
Opportunity to be profiled through Hatch’s communication channels
Peer-to-peer learning environment
Ongoing business support and guidance
Alumni community membership
Selected ventures will participate in an intensive year-long programme, followed by six months of post-programme support. Our support package will include:
a change-maker who set out to improve the care system …
As a teacher, he saw that children in care were falling behind in his classroom. In 2018, inspired by what he found, he decided to setup a residential children’s care home in an effort to reform the wider sector.
Having raised over £2m in social investment, Emmanuel’s organisation, Lighthouse, will open its first home in 2021.
Emmanuel faced three challenges
- Designing a new model for a children’s residential care home.
- Building an organisation at speed to deliver.
- Navigating and winning public sector contracts in a heavily regulated sector.
Which he solved with Catch22’s support through
- Children’s social care expertise (i.e. Catch22 runs the National Leaving Care Benchmarking Forum).
- Organisational infrastructure (i.e. finance, operations).
- Public procurement expertise and its charity number.
Who are we looking for?
We’re currently designing the programme, but we’re looking for ventures with the following characteristics:
- Mission-driven team
Relentlessly focused on changing the lives of the most vulnerable people for the better.
- Seeking to accelerate the use of a tech-enabled solution
Product in market with some proven traction (i.e. customers and revenue) and ready for further adoption to fuel growth.
- Organisation able or ready to rapidly scale to deliver public procurement
Venture has grown beyond founding team.